Proofs are quite easy for me. The examples we've done in
class this week have been simple and logical. Having said that, I don’ think
that I would consider them to be so easy without doing a proper outline first.
For many of the proofs that I've seen so far, formulating a concise outline
with clear comments has been more important than the detail of the proof
itself. Figuring out how to manipulate inequalities and what values to pick for
variables when existential quantifiers are involved follows smoothly from a
great proof outline.
Tutorial this week disappointed me because, like the first
one, it lacked depth and difficulty. The only part that I struggled with was
the indentation for proofs, more specifically, where to outdent. However, this
crucial part of the proof outline wasn't even relevant for the quiz and this
disappointed me even more because I wanted to know how I was doing with
indentation. Nevertheless, I consider it to be good practice and therefore a
productive way to spend my time.
In summary, this week has served a confidence boost for me
since I think that I understand the material better than many other students.
Also, there wasn't anything this week that surprised me or made me question my
knowledge. Overall, I think that this effect on my self-esteem makes me feel
more comfortable about the upcoming assignment that Professor Heap has yet to
post. In reading week, I plan to read about some more difficult proofs online
to fill the lack of neural stimulation that I had in these past three lectures.
No comments:
Post a Comment